Sunday, February 17, 2013

Gardening in the winter

So when I look out the window and see leaves and sticks I think about all the stuff that I want/need to do outside.  So I’m planning and plotting and recently I came across an article that sparked my desire to grow my own veggies (again). Ten Vegetables to Grow in the Shade well now I just happen to have a bed that isn’t over planted and that is a nice rectangle and would be easy to fence!  Which of course led me to order seeds from great places Botanical Interests and Seed Savers Exchange (which I also joined!) because I wanted organic and heirloom seeds.  This led to me collecting a bunch of plastic containers to use for winter sowing and more research about which vegetables can be winter sown.
So here are the results of my first planting day!
IMG_5187
Eight containers in all, I’ve got more to plant in March, I’m following the suggestions!  I can almost taste those fresh veggies…

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...