Monday, March 25, 2013

Foundationless..

So while I or rather we are using Langs this year (we because if Randy wasn’t helping it wouldn’t be happening) I’m still not using foundation.  After much research, I decided to use the wedge from the frame as my comb guide.
IMG_5260
So here’s the frame, looks just like a medium Lang should.
IMG_5262
Here’s the wedge put in place to be used as a comb guide.  According to what I’ve read (wonder if the bees read the same stuff??) this will be enough to get them to draw straight comb on the frame, let’s hope so because I’m incredibly anti-foundation.  I don’t want plastic in my hive, I don’t trust the wax from commercial sources as being clean and pure, so what’s a beek to do if this doesn’t work?
I have no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...