Monday, March 5, 2012

Compost Happens..Project 2

So I filled you in on one of the big projects yes there are others in the planning stage.  I however have a much smaller (and easier) project that will be arriving in the next few weeks that I’m very excited about!  I’ve always wanted to do Vermicomposting, which is a fancy way to say, Worm Composting!  I love compost but gosh do I have the worst time with it my compost piles just never seen to get enough heat generated in them to really work.  They do eventually break down but it takes a long time.  Well here’s where those wonderful worms come in!  See I compost all my kitchen scraps and now that we are doing the CSA (Farm Share Program) and eating more fruits and vegetables I have even more kitchen scraps and guess what the worms like to eat!  So I placed my order today for my Worm Factory 3 Tier Composter
WF
And…
Uncle Jim's Worm Farm 1,000 Count Red Wiggler Live Composting Worms My big old box of Red Worms!  I can’t wait to get these guys and get this all set up.  Instead of dumping my kitchen scraps into the compost bin outside I’m going to be feeding these little guys all that goodness and in return, they are going to make some nutrient rich compost for me!  When I have everything I’ll take pictures of the set up and share, because I know you are all just dying to see this!
Happy Composting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...