Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mulch much...

16 yards of the beautiful brown stuff was delivered on Monday, I've been spreading all week! It's a painstakingly slow process when the temperatures top out in the 90's and the plants are pushing up faster than I can spread. I keep saying that the best time to mulch is in the winter but I can't bring myself to go out and mulch when it's cold.






In any event the finished product is so worth it! I've been working on getting the vision of this woodland garden out of my head and into reality and finally after a lot of work it's almost done. All that is left is to add some gravel for the path and of course to get some more plants! I'm thinking some dwarf evergreens, ferns, heucheras and hellebores!


One vision down, oh so many more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...