Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring springing...


Maryland is notorious for it's crazy spring weather, one day it can be 70 and sunny, the next snow can be falling on the daffodils. For me it's part of what I love about this state, that we get seasons and sometimes, mini seasons within the seasons!

Last week and weekend was warm and lovely, I got my first sun pinking of the season while raking leaves out of the flowers beds. Of course now today the weather has turned cold and I can't help but feel a wee bit of guilt over the exposed plants that are emerging from the warm ground that haven't been blanketed by mulch yet! In any event, my garden bug has bitten hard and I found myself buying dahlia and peony tubers yesterday as well as picking up a couple new pairs of gardening gloves. My credit card took another hit as I pre-ordered some new hellebore's and bleeding hearts. I can hardly wait for things to arrive so that I can start planting, today however I will just have to be content to look at the lovely flower images online and in my gardening magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...