Saturday, November 29, 2014

This, that and the other…

Where did the summer and fall go?  It seems like just yesterday I was outside with Cooper, cleaning out flower beds and watching honey bees pollinate the blooms all around me.  The deer fence is such a blessing I saw things grow and bloom that I didn’t even know I had!

On the subject of honey bees, they are all gone.  We went into late summer and early fall with two thriving hives but, over the fall they just dwindled and dwindled until the hives were empty, I don’t know why and I’m done attempting to figure it out.  I’ll be selling off all the Langstroth equipment as if I ever do keep honey bees again it will never be in those boxes!

We didn’t come close to getting everything in the yard done that we wanted to.  I’m now ready for the snow to blanket everything so that I can stop thinking about all of it for a while. We got a brief taste of winter this past week with a little snow falling and covering things.  For me snow brings instant peace of mine, no longer do I see all that needs to be done, just a lovely clean slate waiting for dreams to be planted.

IMG_6301 

Zoe celebrated her 13th birthday in November!  She is doing really good and while she can’t get around like she could in her youth, she still tries.

IMG_6226

Cooper continues to grow but he is still very much a gawky puppy who only knows what his feet are doing fifty percent of the time.  He doesn’t understand why Zoe doesn’t want to play with him.

IMG_6271

IMG_6290

For now, we are just getting ready for Christmas and spending some time with family and friends.  Maybe into the new year, we will get going on some new projects, at least I hope so!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...