Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I, rock….

The landscaping, or lack there of has been bothering me for a while now.  There were lots of ideas for how to landscape it, but implementing was the issue.  Decking, flower beds all were on the list.  I finally decided that I had to do something and so…DSC_0005
Using the rocks that we had, I started at the bottom and worked my way up.  I left some spaces a little open so that I can add sedums or other ground cover type plants to soften the rocks some.  I planted three blue rug junipers in and among the rocks, they will gradually spread as well.  I left an opening to allow access on the pond for skimming, feeding and what-not.  I’ll be doing the same on the to other side later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Season

The weather this gardening season has not been conducive to gardening.  We had cold weather up through May.  Then the rains came and contin...